And this prime hour of fragrance is the hour so many miss upon beds of sloth, never half knowing what a beautiful, marvellous world is around them. Not all the long hours of day can possibly bring back again the charm and blessedness of this, either to the body or to the soul. Sarah Smiley
As the morning light rises, I get to reminisce about the last 25 years of my life. You see today is my 50th Birthday, and I decided get a different perspective on the whole event. The way I see it:
I have 25 years of experience being a 25 years old😉
What have I learned during those past twenty-five years?
- Being a night owl is fun, but early mornings often hold many promises worth being awake for.
- The earlier in life you truly love who you are, the easier it will unfold for you later on.
- Be at peace with your parents, forgive them too. They did the best they could and meant well.
- Stretch often, your bones will thank you later on.
- Ask yourself: “what do I want to do when I grow up?”, this will you helps finding a passion later in life.
- Keep the communication open with your children, no matter what they say/ask. Get to know who they are, you might be pleasantly surprised.
- Smile often, for no reason…just because…it’s good for your soul.
- In the end it’s the inside that counts, so be mindful what you eat,and what you think.
This is a short version of some of the lessons I have learned in the past 25 years and I am looking forward to learning many more. Cheers🙂
To all my Canadian readers: Happy Thanksgiving long week-end